Monday, February 2, 2009

It's all about family.


I recently got to don my wedding dress again. It's a long story, but in a nutshell I was part of a fake wedding reception and happened to be the most recent to be married,  (so I had a wedding dress on hand). If you want to see the reason for all of this, visit www.theredmoor.com

While the photo shoot was an adventure (and extremely cold!), there was a huge part missing from "the perfect" wedding reception, which was family, of course! This got me thinking and reminiscing about my own big day (the real one, with family), and so I will post a few of my favorite pics with the family from that wonderful day. Thanks to everyone who came for helping make this day so special!
Here is the big group shot, so you can see just how much
family (and friends close enough to be family) were
there to share our big day!

The Stimpson side.
(Reese was just a bun in the oven then!)
(And Lindsey was serving her mission in Guatemala.)

The Olson side. 
(There were some buns a'bakin in this picture, too.)
And a special guest of honor, all the way from Mississippi!

Sharing only a handful of photos from this series is really hard to do! I may need to do a "part 2" (or 3 or 4) to show some of my other faves from the wedding.  For this post, though, it's all about family!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

wonderful post! you're back! and I'm glad to see the red moor site. I hadn't been there before - it's such a riot to see your 'other wedding' pictures. I hope you have your own copies of those - beautiful hair and just as thin as the day you were wed. And now you have pics with Duffy in a dark suit.

Shana said...

Hi. I happened upon your blog through several friends! I have a friend getting married this year, and I know she would love the style of your dress. Would you mind letting me know where you got it, and what kind it is? Thank you so much!

taryn said...

what a great day! and love the pics on the website!!!

Tessa said...

Shana, I'm flattered! I'm not sure what kind of dress it is. I got it at A Bride Beautiful in Salt Lake City, Utah. Here is their website: http://www.abridebeautiful.com. Orie was the woman who helped me - she's helped my sister and my best friend find their dresses as well - she is great! My dress started as a strapless dress, and when we ordered my size we ordered an extra yard or two of the lace to match. One of the seamstresses at the dress shop crafted the top just the way we wanted it. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Erika said...

Congratulations Noah & Sarah (I checked out the Redmoor site). So that's where you and Duffy have been when I let Harper out. :) How fun to put on your dress again!

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

Seems like only yesterday...ahh what a great day that was!! I remember sitting in the back seat on the way to the temple and listening to you and Duffy saying, ... no, gushing: "I can't wait to be your husband!" "Oh, I can't wait to be Mrs. Olson." Talk about stars in your eyes!!!

Heidi said...

I love that they named you Noah and Sarah for that ad. You were a beautiful bride!

Blee said...

Tessa!Did you have so much fun putting your dress on again?!? I've wanted an excuse to wear mine again, but haven't come across it yet...maybe one day! I remember your wedding day, it was the first day I met a lot of Drews extended family! So fun! It was absolutely beautiful! I hope your life's wonderful!