(Disclaimer: This picture is not from my kitchen, just the best looking lettucewrap image I could find online. I don't take good pictures of food.)
I got this recipe for lettuce wraps from an enrichment and finally decided to try it out. It was much easier than I expected, and, once you make the sauce, having it again is even easier. There is a lot of room to make it your own with meat and veggie options. Here it is:
Lettuce Wraps
What I used:
-finely chopped chicken (2 breasts) marinated in teriyaki sauce and cooked
-chopped carrots
-chopped celery
-chopped green onions
-grated zucchini
-peanuts
-chow mien noodles (the crunchy kind that comes in a can)
What I left out - but was part of the recipe:
-pineapple pieces
-sauteed mushrooms
-sauteed onions
-fried onions (the crunchy kind that comes in a can)
-rice, seasoned with teriyaki sauce (I would have used this but somehow skipped over it while reading the recipe... ooops! But it was still really tasty without it)
Build your wrap however you want on a big piece of lettuce (I used Romaine). Then, top with my favorite part:
Thai Peanut Sauce with Honey
Add the following ingredients to a blender, then blend until smooth.
-1/4 cup honey
-1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
-3 tbs soy sauce
-2 tbs rice vinegar
-2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
-2 tsp minced garlic
-1 tbs grated ginger root
-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
After having the wraps for dinner one night, we used the sauce a few more times in wraps or salads with whatever else was leftover. It's so flavorful that a little goes a long way.
Yum.
4 comments:
I am so impressed! I love lettuce wraps and can't wait to try your recipe. Good job, Tessa.
You MUST post on your trip to California!
mmmmmm. sounds so yummy! you are so domestic!!
I need your mailing address, I need to send you something!
Becca roland
Post a Comment