Saturday, June 7, 2008

Harper... our puppy!!!

So I've been postponing posting a blog about Harper because I was slightly afraid that I would snowball into that person who doesn't have kids and blogs about her dog like it's her first born. Anyway, I think I have a little more self control than that (and obviously I'm not going to start blogging daily -or even weekly- any time soon), so I've decided to share Harper with the world (at least for today).

We got Harper (our 9 month old golden retriever) last March. We had a snowstorm the weekend we got him, which meant lots of playtime outside in the snow. He LOVED playing in the snow, and we got to introduce him to our neighborhood, which he also loved.

When we got Harper we were prepared for him with everything from doggy bowls, blankets, bones and chew toys, puppy books, a kennel, and even an invisible fence (the safest way to contain man's best friend). See how Harper matches the sign?

After experiencing all of the new and exciting things that Hebron Gardens has to offer on a snowy day, he was zonked! And this is when we knew, Harper loves to sleep (a lot like me!).
He has done so much growing in his first 9 months (and we just had to take pictures to document it, right?). I will share more with the world soon! - Here is a preview of how big he's gotten... I told you he loves to sleep!

5 comments:

taryn said...

oh, Haw-puw! I love him--he is HUGE!

Lauren said...

this reminds me of "return to me" when she says about the picture... "my husbands the one on the left" haha. love this post and love harper! (ps I think you can change the post date in settings)... or otherwise you can highlight the raw format of the blog post and copy paste into a new window.

Tessa said...

I know, isn't he huge? I wish he grew half as fast... I already want another tiny puppy!

Thanks for the tip, Lauren. I'll remember that next time i post. :)

Erika said...

Oh my gosh it's hard to believe he was ever that little. I even feel that way about Lilly though...where does the time go? :)

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

As we parents say (and now you know it's true),"They grow up too fast!"
Love you little Tessa...
mom