What I remember before going under was the nurse putting some jelly on my ankles and wrists, then clamping on metal bracelets/anklets on me (to keep track of vital signs I guess). Then she strapped on the face mask and said, "You might start to feel a little fuzzy now. The doctor will be in shortly." Then I caught the giggles and could not stop!!! It was soooo funny! The laughing gas was actually making me laugh. For some reason thinking this thought made it even funnier, so I giggled harder. All the while the staff in the room were not laughing at all (probably annoyed by my laughter), which, you guessed it, made me laugh even harder!
Duffy was wise enough to bring along the camera on the big day and capture me fresh off the laughing gas. I think it's hilarious as each time I remember how funny it was that ..."The laughing gas really makes you laugh!" Sure enough... it was about the only thought I had as soon as I breathed it's sweet tastelessness. Here is a clip in the doctor's office (in the designated "sleeping it off" area).
And here, in the car on the way home. I was kind of a chatterbox until Duffy asked the real penetrating questions like, "What do you want to do tonight?" That's when I look up with real questioning in my eyes as if it were the most penetrating question in the world to which I have almost no answer (except "play with Harper!" - said with my kindergarten, no "r"s speech).
If you're dying to know exactly what I said, just give me a call... I think I understand most of it.
After getting home I followed all of the doctor's orders: pain pills every 4-6 hours as needed (with food, which was the hard part), drink plenty of fluids, get lots of rest, and ice for twenty minutes throughout the day for the first two days.
Well how else in the world was I supposed to ice both cheeks at the same time?
As always, Harper was there for me in all his cute-n-cuddliness. He loves to nap all day, so I'm sure he enjoyed having someone else to sleep the day away with. Something you'll notice is that he is laying half on the couch and half on the love-sac. This is something Harper really enjoys, but we aren't quite sure why.
Something else you may not know about Harper is that he's very helpful around the house, and even with work! On one of my days at home, I got up to refill on my meds and he decided to keep tabs on work for me while I was away from the compy.
I wanted to wait until I had recovered 100% to post these things and really let the world (or my small blog following community) laugh at them, but that is taking entirely too long. Maybe I'll give you the details later, but it's really not a great story. I had, I mean HAVE, a persistent infection which is delaying my recovery. We're hoping that the four week mark will bring me back to 100%. In the meantime, I will continue my 3 week+ streak of taking pills every six hours. (And for those of you trying also trying to ration PTO, just be glad you didn't have to spend a total of FIVE of them on something this un-fun.)
6 comments:
Dean and I cracked up. Good thing you don't drink! Goodness, girl, get better! Four weeks to recover from wisdom teeth??
Love you,
Moms
Oh sweetie- I was laughing, and laughing, and then, I felt sad. cause your eyes had this really sad look about them. I hope the rest of your recovery goes quickly. In the meantime - I'm glad you have men like duffy and dogs like hawpew to take care of you! love you!
That's just what I was like when I had mine taken out - only I got the drugs that kept me sleeping for 2 days straight. I couldn't even catch up on movies. Zonked. Sorry to hear about your swollen-ness.
You're such a good sport to post these videos on your blog. SO FUNNY! We thought Duffy should have asked you more embarrassing questions though! :)
oh tessa dear! I just got back from a 4-week rotation of only pulling teeth! I do not envy you. Good thing duffy taped it-- I THOUGHT i had all of mine pulled when I was 18 and I have one coming in now! Go back and count them. What a pain! Hope you feel better soon!!
you are absolutely hilarious, adorable, and still gorgeous even on laughing gas and gauze in your mouth!! I miss you, but I'm so happy I found your blog, and I'm adding it to my list. ofa atu stay in touch.
Post a Comment