
It turns out I have a lot more experience in fort-building than Duffy (chalk it up to my years spent as a babysitter combined with my childhood fascination with forts - they were one of my favorite things to build/play in.) So I did most of the building.
Key features:
- Big enough to fit a mattress (our spare twin)
- Angled for optimal TV viewing (we watched Eagle Eye)
- Simple and reliable structure
- Tall enough to sit up in (pretty much)
We watched the movie, and yes, definitely slept the whole night on the tiny twin mattress. You can't really tell in the pictures, but the fort was just barely wide enough to fit the mattress. Somehow, though, Harper managed to squeeze in the fort along the side between the chairs and the mattress and hung out with us. He's so cool.

3 comments:
I laughed out loud at this post! You really slept in it all night - on a twin mattress? Dad would never do that with me. (The only way he'd do that is if he were in the dog house.)
Speaking of which - of course Harper joined you! Can you image what was going through his mind when he saw his two favorite people in a fort on his level?
AHHH You're BACK! I LOVE it. Love the new look to your blog, love the fort (SO you two), love the multiple posts in a row, love it!
keep it up!
hilarious! I cannot believe you built a fort....wait, yes I can. you are the queen of forts! you two are so much fun!
Post a Comment