Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Keep the Faith!


Last night Duffy took me to the Padres game for FHE! They are in town to play the Reds, and last night was the first game of the series. It was a pretty exciting game - especially in the last inning- when the Padres came from behind to win 6-4! Trevor Hoffman came in to relieve in the the ninth. (Sad to say, he's one of the few players I actually remember from the days we used to go to Padres games in SD).
It was a great night, if not somewhat hot -- okay, it was very hot! But a great night none the less. I got to cheer for my Padres (not too loud though, because I hate those obnoxious fans that come to cheer for the visiting team). And, I also got to cheer for (my?) Reds, but only when they did something really good (which was bad for the Padres) so I would at least be able to cheer for something.
It definitely took the sting off of not being at the John Mayer concert with half of my family in Utah. Also, I bought another John Mayer cd today, which also helped with the sting.
Go Pads!

5 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

I think I recognize that yellow (Padres) t-shirt!!! you two are cute! Can't wait to see you - not this weekend, but next.
~Linds

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

Yes, the Pahds will always be our team. Love to hear your adventures. See you, Duffy and the harpster next weekend!!
Mommacita

Heidi said...

Tessa- you cute girl! I just found your blog from Taryn's. My hubby is a die hard Reds fan (not sure why since he is ffrom Idaho) and he even traveled to your city this summer for a game. Glad you got to go support your local team and your childhood team!

Lauren said...

baseball games are fun, no matter where you're from or where you're watching the game... unless of course maybe the braves or the yankees. :) nice treat from Duff- what a good guy!

taryn said...

sigh...the padres. I miss them. I LOVE Trevor Hoffman--how awesome that he pitched the game that you went to. Duff: what a guy. sounds like the best FHE ever!!!